this fall, we decided to bring back a vintage staple—the silk scarf. cut in a generous square shape, this ladylike piece is a true wardrobe extender. see five of our favorite ways to wear it.
1. around the neck: no necklace required, fold your scarf in half corner to corner, then knot it at the back of the neck.
2. as a bracelet: fold your scarf in fifths horizontally, then tie it in a bow at the wrist.
3. in your hair: start with your scarf turned in a diamond shape. fold the corners in to meet each other, then roll each side until you have a band with pointed tips. lay the scarf over your head and knot it at the bottom.
4. on your handbag: as if you were making a headband, fold your scarf into a band. bend it in half, then loop it around the strap of your handbag and secure in a knot.
5. on a chain: using a chunky chain necklace, pull one end of your scarf through a link near the clasp. feed it through halfway, then tie it through another link near the bottom of the necklace.
Filed under: deliberate polish, featured
don't miss most shared posts
February 15, 2013 | column: the style spy
February 11, 2013 | column: , 20th anniversary: things we love
February 08, 2013 | column: , 20th anniversary: things we love
January 25, 2013 | column: , 20th anniversary: things we love